The information on this website was collected from scientific publications and writings of specialized vets. The questions that remained were answered by specialists on equine internal diseases at the University of Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- K. A. Hart,W. Linnenkohl, J. R. Mayer, A. M. House, J. R. Gold and S. Giguère. Medical management of sand enteropathy in 62 horses.Equine Veterinary Journal ISSN 0425-1644
- Anna Kendall, Charles Ley, Agneta Egenvall and Johan Bröjer. Radiographic parameters for diagnosing sand colic in horses. Acta Veterinaria Scandinavica 2008, 50:17.
- Granot, N., Milgram, J., Bdolah-Abram, T., Shemesh, I. and Steinman, A. (2008). Surgical management of sand colic impactions in horses: a retrospective study of 41 cases. Australian Veterinary Journal, 86: 404–407.
- Allen D. Landes, Diana M. Hassel, Janel D. Funk, Ashley Hill. Fecal Sand Clearance Is Enhanced with a Product Combining Probiotics, Prebiotics, and Psyllium in Clinically Normal Horses. Journal of Equine Veterinary Science 1 February 2008 (volume 28 issue 2 Pages 79-84).
- Ruohoniemi, M., R. Kaikkonen, M. Raekallio, L. Luukkanen. Abdominal radiography in monitoring the resolution of sand accumulations from the large colon of horses treated medically. Equine Vet J. 2001 Jan;33(1):59-64.
- Traci L. Hill Hulse, D.V.M. Sand Colic. Internet article at www.durangoequine.com.